Back-to-school season is just around the corner, and kids (and if we’re honest, probably also us parents) are getting excited. But you know what can make back-to-school even more awesome? Getting your kiddos some super cool and unique back-to-school gifts!
We've put together a fantastic list of gift ideas for kids aged 5-12 that are not your usual offerings. We're talking about gifts that mix fun and learning. Whether they're into science, arts, reading or just love a good game, there's something for every young scholar here.
- Personalized School Supplies: Customized backpacks, lunch boxes, water bottles, and stationery featuring their favorite colors, characters, or even their names can make going back to school extra special.
- STEM Kits: Engage their curiosity with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) kits that offer hands-on learning experiences. Look for kits that involve building robots, conducting simple experiments, or exploring renewable energy.
- Educational Board Games: Games that combine fun and learning can be a great way to enhance their knowledge and critical thinking skills. Look for age-appropriate board games that cover topics like math, science, geography, or language arts.
- Inspirational Wall Art: Decorate their study area with inspiring and motivational wall art featuring quotes or illustrations related to education, perseverance, or creativity. It can help create a positive and encouraging learning environment.
- Activity Books: Provide them with activity books that are not only entertaining but also educational. Look for puzzle books, coloring books, or workbooks that offer engaging activities to keep them entertained during breaks or after school.
- Personal Development Journals: Journals designed specifically for kids can encourage self-reflection, goal-setting, and creativity. These journals often include prompts and activities that promote mindfulness, gratitude, and personal growth.
- The My Friends and I friendship book: The My Friends and I book is a great way for your child to get to know their peers and make new friends at school. The book travels from student to student and everyone answers fun questions like: “What is your favorite food? What do you like to do in your free time? What songs do you like to listen to? What books do you like to read? What do you want to be when you grow up?”. Your child may learn fascinating facts about their classmates, sparking interesting conversations. Your child may discover that some peers live close by or share similar hobbies and interests, which could encourage them to try new activities such as sports, music, or art. Get $5 off our My Friends and I book with promo code BIRTHDAY at checkout, until August 20th.
- Digital Subscriptions: Consider gifting digital subscriptions to educational platforms or apps that offer interactive learning experiences. Look for platforms with age-appropriate content, such as coding apps, language learning programs, or virtual field trips.
- Fun Desk Accessories: Help make their study space more enjoyable with unique desk accessories. Consider items like colorful organizers, quirky pencil holders, playful desk lamps, or magnetic whiteboards for personalized notes.
- DIY Craft Kits: Encourage their creativity with do-it-yourself craft kits that come with materials and instructions for making jewelry, origami, pottery, or other artistic projects. These kits can provide a break from academics while fostering their imagination.
- Book Subscriptions: Foster a love for reading by subscribing to a book club that delivers age-appropriate books directly to their doorstep. This gift can introduce them to new authors, genres, and stories throughout the school year.
Happy Back to School, Y'all!